WomanCraft is seeking new members!
WomanCraft Gifts specializes in original, high quality work made by local, North Carolina artists. Located in Carrboro, near UNC Chapel Hill, our business is a corporation but functions as a cooperative. The artists who make the items we sell and operate our brick and mortar and online stores are all residents of North Carolina.
As a WomanCraft member, you will:
- receive 68% of each sale (the percentage is slightly less during your training and review period)
- work in the store 5.5 hours per week
- become part of a wonderful community of artists
- be eligible to sell your items in our online store
The steps to become a WomanCraft member are:
- contact us to request an application
- submit 5 samples of your work
- pay a non-refundable application fee of $25
- if accepted, you will pay a one-time membership fee of $100
All items sold by WomanCraft Gifts must go through a rigorous review and approval process. The review committee meets monthly and will consider all items and membership requests received by the first of the month.
If you are at least 18 years of age and live in the Triangle area, we suggest visiting the store first to become familiar with our current inventory and confirm if your type of work is already represented in the store. We are always looking for unique items that do not duplicate the work of our current members. Only a very limited number of items available are represented in our online shop.
To request an application or request specific details about our application process, please send a message to email@example.com, or use the form below to contact us.
If you are unable to work 5.5 hours per week in the store, you may contact us about being added to the wait-list for consignment opportunities. Right now we are not accepting new consignors.